Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Chuck's (3) to John Neal


 I love-love-love this lettering style. I know I have an exemplar in my stash. Now I am wondering if it has a name - or was there one person who came up with it. Now I am wondering about the history of designing fonts and when people started copyrighting them. And how did things work back in the day of lots of hand lettering. <sigh> So many questions. Probably too late to get into educating myself.

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned this - but John Neal has retired. He found people to take over the publishing and other people (Paper & Ink Arts) to take over the business. I sure hope he has an enjoyable retirement. He was instrumental in getting me on board the calligraphy train - the one that goes all over the country and beyond. I wonder if I should write down my *history.* It's not like anyone in my household would ever be interested. They grudgingly put up with my *pass time.* Not that I want to make them look non-supportive. I think they all realized that being left alone was one of my fondest desires. They all found their own *pass times* and seem to be well adjusted people. Well - compared to me they are well adjusted - which might not be all that impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool font and overall design.
    I got a fun envelope from SMASH, with many fun stamps and filled with joyful 4th July fun!

    ReplyDelete