Monday, June 20, 2022

Sharon (2) - burgundy birthday


At the end of May - when I put the call out for people to send photos for the blog - Sharon sent this batch and I think it will be fun to see them in order. I'm even going to copy and paste what she wrote about them. Her penmanship is so close to mine that for a second - I thought maybe I had done this one.

Sharon wrote: 

Inspired by your blog, I sent my niece Sophia 20 envelopes with enclosures to celebrate her twentieth birthday. I found it to be quite an undertaking, but lots of fun. If you’re thinking of this type of undertaking, my suggestion is to start early and allow yourself lots of time. Or pick a younger recipient!


When developing my envelopes, I usually have an idea of the lettering style I want to use, then I choose the stamp, and then the envelope. At least I feel that’s how my process works.

This is a shimmery burgundy envelope. I thought it might be problematic with the pen/ink delivery system, but I used a Sakura white gel pen (a number 8, I think) and it worked great. The stamp is from the Sun Series. I got more out of these stamps than I thought I would


 

No comments:

Post a Comment