Saturday, June 11, 2022

Fodder

(No picture because I accidentally posted this before I found an envelope to go with it.)

 I'm only two weeks ahead on pre-writing my posts so there might be a flurry of them. I just wrote the one about the LEGOs and wanted to mention a quote that I read earlier this morning from Albert Einstein - but, I can't figure out where I put it. 

Here is the gist: When you are trying to discover something, you don't know what it will be. So, when you are trying to create something, you should also accept that you don't know what it will be.

Let that sink in.

It's everything I keep trying to say about how to have an enjoyable experience when you are taking time to putter at your desk. Or if you are in a bad mood and looking to an art or craft to soothe your frazzled whatevers.

If you have a hankering to make stuff - don't get all wrapped up in the end product. If it does not please you - try again. Contemplate what it might need to be more to your liking. Try again. Maybe the next one will be better. Or maybe you will churn out a bunch of crap. If that happens, do not despair. Sometimes that happens. 

I taught my grandkids the word fodder. They had some work that they did not like at all. I told them it was perfectly good fodder and we would be using it to make something else. I plan to create some specific projects that will delight them.

No comments:

Post a Comment