Sunday, June 5, 2022

MissCathy -- De-stressing - 2



This lovely envelope from MissCathy arrived - and she included a lovely card. Gel printing and she found tips at IG - Marsha Valk. I have not surfed over there -yet. Staying focused filling in the June posts. The George Morrison stamps are soooo pretty -- and I know nothing at all about George - so, I need to surf in that direction, too.



***

Here are the areas where I am supposed to fill in things that stress me - and then next week we will come up with strategies to de-stress.

WORK (Well, I don't work anymore - so I don't have anything to fill in.)

ENVIRONMENT (My house or my city or my planet? -- this is too vague - but they are all beyond my sphere of influence so it's not like I am stressing over any of them. If I thought about them, I could get worked up, but, I'm way past that. Except that woodchuck in the backyard who has been chewing on the garage gets me going a bit.)

DAILY HASSLES & RELATIONSHIPS (I lumped these two together because the only thing I like about starting my 70s is that I really don't get all worked up over daily hassles and/or relationships. It's been freeing to outgrow my starry-eyed, life-is-going-to-be-all-peachy-someday phase.)

MAJOR LIFE EVENTS (I think I'm pretty much through with all of those unless someone dies and I have to go to a funeral or show up at my own. Either way, I don't see much difference between a daily *hassle* and a major life *event* - hassles and events are the same thing. Big event for me - going to the Whole Foods instead of the pitiful neighborhood grocery store. 

So, I'm left with only one category: VALUE-LIFE INCONGRUENCE

I have 4 days to figure out what that means. I understand each word - but, all together, I literally have no idea what fits into that category. I guess throwing words like that at me is stressful. 

If anyone knows what that means - please leave it in the comments - or send it to me in an email. PTEnvelopes-at-aol-dot-com

2 comments:

  1. Value-life incongruence: When the life you are currently living does not match up with your core values.
    Example:
    Someone who values and loves and needs creativity in their life who is living in a dull suburb, working at a cubicle job, desperately hoping they will save enough to move to the desert and start a pottery, but it's not looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In psychology congruence usually means are you able to live life in the moment. Do you stress about the future or live in the past, or are you happy enough with where you're at. Putting it all together, I would guess it is asking if you feel valued, feel like your life has meaning, if you are able to live in the moment, or does the past/future, feeling you have no purpose, or your day to day life cause you stress?
    Based on what I've read here in you blog, you seem pretty satisfied with your life and where your at, and the only thing that may cause you stress from what I've read, is trying to recuperate from a brain injury. 🤪

    ReplyDelete