Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Ming's wreath - pen caps


When Ming received my May envelope, she might have thought I sent her a wreath because she sent me this wreath - but it was a coincidence. My May mail piled up and I didn't remember any of it until I was jolted out of my fog and realized that there were no images on about 15 posts. I'm trying to figure out if she used a nib or markers. It seems way too crisp to be a marker. The purple looks like ink. The address looks more like marker -- and the leaves are different. It all goes together - which is not always easy with mixing tools.

***




 One of the least helpful things that people say, if they have asked me how I am doing - and if I mention any kind of memory issues - is, "Oh, that's normal. I forget things all the time." I know. I was always forgetting things, too. But, not all forgetfulness or distraction or absent mindedness is the same. I can't put it into words - but I think this illustrates my point.

If you are a person who regularly puts the wrong caps on your markers and pens - and you think that's *normal* - you are entitled to your opinion. It's normal for you. But it's not something that would happen on my desk. It would be like putting on one sneaker and one loafer. It just wouldn't happen. It would feel crazy.

I had addressed some envelopes on Thursday - and then on Saturday, I was back at my desk and saw that tan marker cap - all by itself. I am vigilant about keeping the caps on my markers. I was incredulous that I would have just put a marker down without capping it. That's how vigilant I am. I simply DO NOT put a marker down until I have put the cap on. I frequently hold the cap in my left hand rather than put it down.

So, I said *grrrr* and started shuffling through the papers - looking for the cap-less marker - and figure the marker would have dried up - after sitting, uncapped, for a couple days. And there it was with a G-Tec cap. If anyone wants to get on my wrong side, they can try to dismiss this as an insignificant blip. I'm not freaked out that it happened - just validated that I am not exaggerating about my lingering things-that-aren't-clicking.

Obviously, I will not be sharing this with my rehab tour guides. I'm pretty sure they would think I'm OCD or something. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of you might agree with me that cap-mixing is way, way, way *out there.*

And remember the part where I warned you not to argue with me? (That's the lizard speaking - and we don't want to get her riled up, do we?)

1 comment: