Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sharon (1) Dapper USPS mail carrier

 


This one reminds me of one done by Jackie.  It's the first in a series -- which will be explained tomorrow. Sharon's comment about this one: I believe this envelope was inspired by one of your posts. I like the skinny white lettering over the watercolor band. Among the watercolor is shiny Finetec Coliro gold ink that doesn’t show well in the photo.

****




Dapper mailman Kalani Han in Albany Park. Photo: Monica Eng/Axios

It took massive self control to not bump my June 2nd post and insert this item off the Chicago Axios newsletter. I've been thinking that the USPS should become the next *cool* place to work. Maybe I've already mentioned that too many times -- but it was gratifying to see that someone else is on my wave length. I'll refrain from additional gushing. Here is the article:

Hey, it's Monica! I was driving through Albany Park last week when I spotted a particularly stylish mail carrier walking with a spring in his step. 

  • Naturally, I pulled over to talk to him while my mortified daughter hid in the back seat. 

The city dweller: Kalani Han, a rookie mail carrier who started with the USPS last November and assembles his outfits with an intentional old-school flair. 

Inspiration: "I prefer to have a polished look because I'm proud to represent the mail service," says Han, who didn't seem at all surprised by my sudden request for an interview. 

  • "I admire those 1950s milkman, mailman kind of looks. In fact, the other day I was on eBay looking for some vintage mailman hats with the little brim. You'd be surprised, they are very popular."

Where you can spot him: Walking the 60625 postal code in Albany and North Park.

1 comment: