Sunday, February 27, 2022

Spelunking Sydney and MaryE


Sydney - I really enjoyed your story about visiting the Luray Caverns and being inspired by both the caverns as well as historical documents with cool lettering. You spent a lot of time on this which I appreciate. I haven’t been to that many caverns - and it’s something I would have done more of if I had had oodles of time to travel.


And speaking of inspiration - I believe I have had a previous post about Mary Engelbreit sharing where she finds her inspiration or - as we call them - steal worthy images. She just posted another one:




So don''t hesitate to surf or spelunk and gather inspiration. Google is underlining spelunk. But, I looked it up and other resources are OK with it.


I think that style of lettering on Sydney's work is called Sickels -- but, I'd have to do some research. 

OK - that took exactly 30 seconds - you will find lots more if you Google *Sickles lettering*






 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I thought I already had a while ago.

    ReplyDelete