Thursday, February 24, 2022

CathyO's Nov env - Flintstone life

 


Dreamy, dreamy italics from CathyO. I love the gold floating in the walnut ink. Nicely non-cancelled stamp. Gorgeous leaf prints. I’m looking forward to spring - but, these fall envelopes are really very nice.




***

This house caught my eye during a morning surf. I was on day 3 of using my hot-spot because MrW is in charge of WiFi - and even if I asked for an update, I would not be able to process his answer. I'm grateful to Apple for providing life with a hot-spot, even though I have no idea how anything works. My lack of practical skills always concerns me because I would be completely inept if there were some monumentally significant disasters - weather, political, aliens - there are so many options. I'd be living at Flintstone level if I did not have all my current creature comforts. I doubt I could even *make fire* if I had to. 

I spent a lot of time looking at the history of the people who build dome structures - which are green nearly tornado/earthquake proof. The company builds everything from houses to massive auditoriums. Then I clicked on the [Projects] and was very happy to be reminded of the Pantheon. During your first college course in art history, you learn that the Pantheon's dome is roughly 2,000 years old. Five decades later - that information resonates differently. 

My minimal survival skills during any disaster are matched by my minimal writing skills - so, I apologize if my train of thought is not making any sense. Here are some links that I enjoyed and maybe the WiFi will be restored soon.

Rock covered dome I enjoyed the owners description of some of her adventures during the building. She did a lot of the work herself. 

Refresher course on the Pantheon

List of projects There are other homes that I like better than the rock covered home - but I like the DIY aspect of her story. 







No comments:

Post a Comment