Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Mail


If you checked the blog before 6 am CST yesterday - and the blog post did not make sense - I have added the  image of the 2015 envelope from Candy.


I did not get specific permission from Janet to post this but I think she assumes that I love posting stuff like this. I saved the photo and now I can't find the email - but I am 99% sure that the person who received this envelope - found it in their mailbox with the Post-It - from their *Mail Gal, Lesley* - and now I wish we would have sent some mail to Lesley. Actually, I am writing this on Jan 17 - so it is not too late to send surprise happy mail to Lesley. All I need to do is find the address for the 50138 post office.

Maybe I will get it together and inspire other people to send fun mail to fun postal workers. First I have to find out how hard it is to get the address of the stations that deliver to particular ZIP codes. Do you have to  have the full street address? Now that I think about what all I have learned about the DSM post offices. I am pretty sure that one ZIP code might be split into two different stations. But that doesn't make sense. 

Maybe one of my postal worker friends who reads the blog will tell me. Does every single piece of mail, delivered to 50312 (for example) - go through the same station? I know mine goes through the Drake station which is 50311. But there is another station up in Beaverdale which is 50311 - so how does that work?

***

Smash sent this -- I love it -- there are a few more things I can think of that need smashing -- but, I'll refrain -- for the moment.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment