Tuesday, February 22, 2022

2/22/22/- Kate's Nov Env - Meticulously distressed

This just in - Christi is teaching in San Francisco - March 9-11.

https://ewoandchristi.wordpress.com/2022/02/16/modern-medievals/

Warm, cosy fall colors from KateR

 This is one of this times when I would like to hire a ghost writer to punch up the rant of the day. Although I am just ranting at myself and that’s probably a waste of time.

I just spent 2 days doing a massive reorganization of my 6 drawers, 3 shelves, and 2 stacks of *stuff* to Once-And-For-All - get all the envelopes both incoming and outgoing organized. I overloaded my brain and had to take a couple days off to recuperate. And then I discovered that one entire drawer had been overlooked. Grrrrr. There was a stack of exchange mail from Nov and Dec and it was UN-opened. Geesh. 


So - forget what I said about being caught up with all the exchange mail - we will be looking at some more Nov-Dec mail. I guess it’s not that big of a deal. It’s entirely possible that there are no more stacks of mail hiding from me.


***




The name for this is almost better than the item - meticulously distressed. I love the idea, but, I'd like the jeans to still be wearable instead of just artwork. I'm inspired to do some distressing to some items that are so comfortable, but shabby. It would be fun to turn them into something this lovely.

Acrylic medium is included in the list of materials. Maybe that's to keep the trousers somewhat rigid. 
Link to the artist's work. If you need a lengthy rabbit hole, click on the [artists] tab and there are tons of other pages. Or 63, to be more accurate. There are thumbnails, so you can just click on the ones that look interesting.


Yoo-hoo to the BigHelpfulBrother - are we going to have a little party at 2:22 2day, since it is 2-22-22?


No comments:

Post a Comment