Friday, February 18, 2022

J's stacked Jessica



This is another stacked name that is my vertical version of Mike Gold’s horizontal names done with one continuous line. I have no idea if he is emphatic about not lifting the marker. I prefer to allow a lift whenever I feel like it. 

As you may recall, I was pretty specific about 5 or 6 being the optimal number of letters to make this work. I was curious if I could make Jessica work - plus she has the skinny-i to deal with. I’m fine with how it turned out. 

Then I had her long last name to figure out. I placed a folded sheet of paper on the envelope and wrote the whole name in red over the edge of the paper. Dang. The red ink bled under the edge of the paper. I should have used removable tape. I went ahead and added the blue bottoms and outlined it and the bleeding didn’t bother me at all. I always wonder if people look at the *goof-ups* that don’t bother me and wonder why in the world I was OK with the goof up. 

The proportions of the first to last name are a little off. But, Jessica's name is so challenging that I will cut myself some slack.

Now that I am looking at it, I’d like to try doing the same Jessica on a business envelope and then doing her last name at the level of the second S in Jessica. I think that would be very fun. The two styles on this one aren't complementary. It would take some fiddling to find a better way to get them to harmonize.


It was the last one I did - and might be one of the better ones. I like the way the 2 S's worked out in the Jessica.


No comments:

Post a Comment