Sunday, December 19, 2021

From Leslie - the process


This card and envelope is very nicely combobulated.
Leslie is our poster-child for having fun. Follow her on IG to see her daily output.
https://www.instagram.com/olovey1/   
I think she spent 100 days doing revisions of work that she thought needed revising.


More about the process - writing on Dec 2. <deleted>

On Dec 10, I reviewed what I wrote and it was nutty. I'm feeling much better about my situation - so I deleted the nutty stuff. I am going to leave the definition of combobulate in because there is one part that I think is worth saving. 

Definitions. Combobulate rate. (Verb) To put together in a somewhat mysterious manner. To bring something out of a state of confusion or disarray. To manufacture by some unusual or novel means. Antonym: discombobulate. Usage: We must think out-of-the-box in order to combobulatea solution to overcome all these seemingly impossible challenges.

Thinking out-of-the-box. That's always been my comfort zone. So, it will be good for me to keep that as my baseline. Not everyone likes to be out-of-the-box. That's fine. If that's your comfort zone - keep it. Don't let anyone tell you that it should be one way or the other.

***

Here is a documentary that I highly recommend if you like stories about artists. I watched it for free on Kanopy and see that it is rentable on Amazon and AppleTV. Ursula von Rydingsvard was a child in Europe during WWII, then a displaced person (in a camp), then resettled to the US where she endured some additional trauma. Art was her saving grace and it is very interesting to hear her describe her journey. There are not a lot of painful details - but it does an excellent job of showing how taking the art path was her saving grace. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ursula_von_rydingsvard_into_her_own

No comments:

Post a Comment