Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Already posted?



Rachael got two Dec's because I am unable to keep track of a list.



As I write this on Nov 19th, I am scrambling to fill up Dec - which means using up every single image in the folder and obviously I have lost track of which ones I have posted - so, tomorrow will be the last day and then the rest of the year will be filled with all the goodies that have been arriving. Wonderful stuff.

****
An aside which explains why I am in a tizzy. (I know. I know. I'm always in a tizzy)

How many people enjoy the experience of nomadic offspring - texting that they will be in the midwest for T-day - but not specifying exactly which city - and you already know that he will just assume that everyone will be on board with finding out which city at the last minute?

I am happy to report that I am delighted to have *learned* how to live with ambiguity and spontaneity. It will also nudge me into filling up Dec before this unscheduled week of chaos commenses.

I have my own version of this quote:

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.  Kahlil Gibran

Here's mine:

I have learned patience from the impatient, tolerance from the chaotic, and fearlessness from the fearless - and I actually am grateful - to you-know-who. JMW

I've spouted that Gibran quote for years -- and it always nudges me (or knocks me) into a better frame of mind. 


 

2 comments: