Saturday, December 4, 2021

Big arrow to Rachael (discombobulation)


I thought I would love the western wear stamps. I can't even remember if I did any that I liked even a little bit. I know there are a ton of them that make me retch. I don't even want to show them. And maybe I won't. I was down to the last three and I finally thought - Gee, why don't I just park my distress right on the envelope.

I'm perfectly happy with that big arrow. Ever since Rachael wrote that she *deeply regretted* something she did on an envelope, I have been appropriating those two words for all the things I deeply regret. You know all those people who think that it's better to have *no regrets.* I used to think that was a good idea but I have changed my mind.

Sometimes we make mistakes and very bad choices. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you regret that you did not learn any particular lesson sooner. Obviously, if it was the first time you were ever confronted with something and you did a bad job - you should not regret that you tried something. But when you are a repeat offender, you can regret that you are having trouble remembering past mistakes.

***

Real time comment:

Oh.My.Gosh. I wrote this about 3 weeks ago and then I experienced some significant discombobulation. So, it was very comforting to read my own amateur advice on coping with failed attempts to just get through the mishegaas de jour. I'm pretty sure mishegaas is a Yiddish word for chaos or crazy or discombobulation. And now I need to know if combobulate is a word.

<pause for Googling> Oh.My.Gosh. I had no idea that was a word.

combobulate (Verb) To put together in a somewhat mysterious manner. To bring something out of a state of confusion or disarray. To manufacture by some unusual or novel means. Antonym: discombobulate.

Usage: We must think out-of-the-box in order to combobulate a solution to overcome all these seemingly impossible challenges.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment