Monday, February 22, 2021

Viola - Happy 101st Birthday (word space)

Thank you to everyone who sent cards for Viola, my sister-in-law's mother.


This one is from Patty. I love the 101 candles on the cake.


Alyce went with balloons - a popular birthday theme.


Mine is boring.


RachaelT found a very nice font. That combination of letters works very well.


And here is the birthday girl.

Keep in mind Viola beat both covid and pneumonia since her 100th birthday.
And she's pretty determined to get her strength back so she can walk around.
That's not gonna happen, but you gotta admire someone who maintains their can-do spirit.

*****
Unrelated - but I couldn't resist adding this. One of my broken record comments when people ask me to critique their work is --- too much space between words. I think this might have broken the record for the amount of space between words.


The words on the three sheets of paper are Just-be-Kind. I try to be kind when I suggest that words need to have only the width of the letter i between them. The photo is from a real estate listing. I've been spending way too much time looking at real estate listings. It's one of my favorite time-wasters.

I am curious about this room in general. The quilt is a keepsake quilt made out of t-shirts. All black and gold which usually means U of Iowa - but I do not see the Hawkeye logo. If I taught English, I would assign this photo to the class and have people write a story about it. If any of the readers like to write stories - feel free to submit one. I would definitely post them.






 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even realize the candles Patty did til you pointed them out! VERY clever!!

    ReplyDelete