Thursday, February 11, 2021

Map envelope and dress (makeup pen)



This just popped up on My Modern Met - 

And more map stuff - because we like maps.




Atlas Obscura has a wonderful article on maps that were printed on silk and are now being made into clothings. I love maps as much as I love envelopes. If I think about it, I will dig out some envelopes I have that are made out of maps and post one here.


As always, there are some very interesting links at the end.

****
One of the silver linings of the pandemic is that I have not had to put makeup on since March of 2020. This pen popped up online - and reminded me of those fun multi-color pens that many of us enjoyed way back when. The doodles on the arms are fun, too. There are a few more photos at the link. I am not recommending this product - just didn't have anything to rant about. It's called Pen Pal which is probably why it popped up in my morning surf.




Maybe we could have fun flourishing the parts of our faces that are not covered by masks. Shout out to Marie - who took lettering classes from me. She is uber-talented and works at the Chanel counter in a local department store. I knew from a previous friend who was a buyer at a department store that the make-up department is the highest earning department in any store. Marie confirmed that tidbit. She also had the percentages on how high their sales were during the holiday season. I do not recall the number -- but it was a big one. During the rest of the year -- make-up is popular for cheering up. I should mask up and go see Marie and see what's been going on during the pandemic. I wonder if sales are up, because people are struggling or down because people are staying home. I guess you still have to look decent if you Zoom for your job.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment