Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Happy Birthday to the Blog -- 11 Years - Lauren's leaves


This card and envelope arrived in November, from Lauren. It was a tiny bit late and her message indicated that she had struggled with inspiration. I can sure identify with that situation. Luckily, she gazed out the window and -voila- there were some fall leaves and that's all she needed to get her mo-jo back. I have no idea if Lauren knows that I have a real *thing* for leaves. These two compositions are so pretty. 

They also illustrate two design principles that I like.
Filling up the whole page.
Leaving some white space.

While I frequently talk about my love of white space, I honestly do not prefer it over filling up all the space. The color-field painters are some of my favorites.

And -wow- what a perfect design to go with the Ruth Asawa stamp.
Thanks for the perfect artwork to celebrate 11 years on the blog.


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean! I'm honored to illustrate your anniversary post .. congratulations on the well-deserved 11 year run!
    Thanks for all you do! xox, lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to the blog! A big thank you for all of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete