Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Throwback Tuesday Janet and Alyce

There is a bonus post below this one
about *Thank your mailman day.*
I intended for it to be ahead of this one, 
but, I am inept.


The high point of organizing my envelopes is finding envelopes like this one from Alyce. I've grouped some of them by holiday - but most are grouped by sender. If I scrolled back to Dec of 2014, I would probably find a post where I suggested sending me an envelope with directions rather than an address. This one came through just fine - in January of 2015. Below, is one that arrived in December. I am aghast at myself for subjecting the USPS to this during busy season or right after. The next two are also from Alyce.

This is one that I see on Pinterest - frequently. 
That was a nice stamp. 
And the one below pops up quite often.


Below is the other envelope that was sent without the specific address and I posted the back of the envelope to show that JanetF did not put her return address - so the USPS did not have the option to return it. Alyce did put her return on the back of hers.



Janet's card is adorable.
Appropriate for the day I am typing this blurb.
We woke up to 10" of snow.
Luckily, we do not have to go anywhere today.



And here is Janet's note asking for me to let her know whether or not it arrived. I sure hope I did. Janet exchanged a few times - and has disappeared. I didn't hear from Florence. Maybe she has a new hobby.


I went ahead and did a little surfing around in 2014 and 2015. Seems like I am off on the dates. Somewhere there is an image of a really old envelope - with directions - because it was sent prior to the time of addresses. I'll keep looking (someday). I'm usually wowed by some fo the older stuff on the blog. I hope that we have not passed our *golden age* and that we (and by we, I mean me) will ever return to our original skill level at lettering. 




 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the typos and lack of editing in this post. I do not have time to go back and fix anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction: I am not making time to edit my blog. I'm just going to let it be (hum along to the Beatles song as you read that.)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed making that envelope! 💜

    ReplyDelete