Tuesday, February 9, 2021

From GraceE to Janet - space stamps (The Three Types of Fun)


 GraceE seems to have a ton of vintage stamps. If you do a search for her name on the blog, you can see lots more. She switches between traditional calligraphy and fun experimental lettering.

Her I in Iowa jumped out at me. Also the J. Those two letters have a lot in common and I seldom make I's and J's that I love.

Hopefully I will come back with more commentary. Leaving some space to insert ranting worked pretty well in Nov and Dec -- so there will probably be more things to rant/muse about in 2021 (she said as she wrote multiple blurbs Dec 21st.

****
Feb 2
I don't know about the readers, but I am enjoying the diary aspect of these add-ons. Apologies if you are tired of ski related topics. I needed to check in with Skip, our Whistler, BC based offspring to see if he would be available for a Zoom chat with the family on Mr Wilson's birthday. I had not heard a peep out of him in at least 3 weeks and I knew MrWilson was a bit peeved that he was not getting any responses to his emails and texts. 

No matter how many times I remind MrWilson that Skip has two settings: we hear from him because there is something wrong -or- we do not hear from him because everything is fine - and that first setting is not fun at all. I will refrain from mentioning the setting on MrWilson - Unable to remember that no-news-is-good-news.

So, I did get ahold of Skip and had some up-beat conversation - which included him telling me about the Three Types of Fun. He has been having a lot of Type One Fun and a bit of the other two. He told me what the three types were, in his own words, but recommended I Google it.

I LOVE the concept. I immediately sent it to my daughter and her husband - because they can adapt it to the three types of fun that they have with their kids. It's a long read -- but you might want to slog through it because you might think of things in your life that you can apply it to. I also loved the sidebar where the guy describes the path he has been on.


A fun photo that Chuck found




No comments:

Post a Comment