Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Five from NancyL - May 2020 - (enduring)




NancyL responded to my call for photos in May. It's so much fun to see a group of envelopes that went out together. She had a layout in mind and you can see how she adjusted it to fit the various amounts of lettering that needed to fit in. The floral details, coordinated with the stamps are the frosting on the cake.

*****
It's Feb 11and we are adding the rants/ponders to previously scheduled posts. We were talking about enduring.

When this pops up this will be the week where I am needing to get my second appointment for my second vaccination. Fingers crossed we have not run out of vaccine. It will probably be chilly. Maybe snowy. I can't think of any brilliant way to do anything other than endure February. 

The standard joke is that February has the fewest days because it is such a miserable month. I hope everyone is finding ways to endure. At my house on the 11th-- we are listening to the final installation of the bathroom remodel and I will be taking a really funny photo here in a couple minutes. The cabinet builder/installer didn't realize that the wall had the final paint - and he wrote a couple numbers above the cabinet.

 I calmly explained that the wall had already been painted. Ooooops. At least it was pencil and I will be able to remove it. If it had been Sharpie - I'm not sure how I would have handled it. Probably beautifully. The only up-side of having things go wrong is it prepares us for things to go wrong.

Pray for the best, expect the worst. That's the Mel Brooks line that I might add to that other list.

The tile oooops will appear at a later date.


I meant to post the birthday envelopes to Viola tomorrow - but accidentally clicked -post-
so they popped up late yesterday.

Scroll down for a bonus post.


 

2 comments:

  1. You ended the post like that as a test, to see how many of us are paying attention, right? I tried scrolling & scrolling . . . hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the post with Viola's mail for her 101st birthday?
      There is another post below this one

      Delete