Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Birthday greetings from Leslie to Lyn (thank you to you-know-who)


Leslie's birthday greeting to Lynne is happy and yummy. The celebrate stamp is perfect.

I have a new way of labeling the photos and I'm coming up with 3and 4-letter nicknames for the people who exchange regularly.
Leslie = Les, Lynne = Lyn
As an avowed alphabet nerd, this has become a wildly entertaining game for me.
I always wanted to turn myself into JWil (like JLo) but I doubt that's going to happen.
Smash is going to stay Smash, even though it is 5 letters.
I could shorten it to Mash, but somehow, I feel like everyone needs to have their code-name start with the first letter of their first name.

This is drivel. Sorry. It's Dec 22 and I have some logistical concerns.
Hopefully, by the time this blog post pops up, I will be able to say, 
"Whew. All done and it turned out just fine."


****

I intended to send a Happy Valentine's greeting to the sweetest person I know - and post it on Valentine's Day. Then I accidentally filled the 14th with the articles about the USPS and didn't want to start shifting things. And then I remembered that observing holidays on the exact day actually annoys me. And Valentine's Day is one of the worst. Restaurants are inundated with people who simply HAVE TO have a valentine dinner on the 14th. It's so hard on the restaurants. Why can't we declare the entire week - Valentine's Week -- so that people do not have to stress about finding a restaurant for a special meal on that one specific day? What is so magical about specific days? Why isn't *close* good enough?

Obviously, I am talking about how this could work in the future. Although, restaurants that offer carry out probably had a miserable 14th.

But, I digress. My shout out is to the sweetest person I know. A person who offered me shelter from the storm of renovation at my house. I would name this person - but he or she might want to keep a low profile. Plumbers, electricians, wall-bashers, painters, the boss --- coming and going. Bashing. lugging, sawing, sawing tile - and probably the worst of all -- drilling the tile. Oh.My.Gosh. That is a sound that goes right through the floor and into your feet and up into your brain.

Thanks to this sweet person, I was spared the first 3 weeks. I just packed up and moved out. Once the tile guy started, I needed to be on site to make some design decisions. Happily, everything is working out just fine. I will post a before and after photo at some point. I will be eternally grateful to the sweetest person ever -- and they should put me on speed dial - to call me when I can do anything to even begin to repay the kindness. On top of that, I will pay it forward, too. I can already tell that I am just slightly less of a *mean-jean* these days.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment