Saturday, February 13, 2021

Leslie's holiday 2020 - make an envelope (incident chart)


Here is another idea from Leslie for any holiday or season. Find a page from a magazine or catalog. Coordinate it with a stamp. Add the name and address. Voila.

The polka dot celebrate stamp is so versatile. I has many colors - but does not go overboard with any particular color. 
 

*****

I think I've posted that Mr Wilson is reckless and falls down on the ice. Today I thought of one of those signs that they post in factories and warehouses where they keep track of how many days the employees go without injuries. Maybe I need to make a sign for him and a rewards system. As I write this, it is Feb 9, 5 days after his birthday and I have only made 5 of the 7 promised desserts. To be honest, I didn't think Wilsons could get tired of desserts, but I think we did. So, maybe I should put the last two on an incentive plan. He has to go two weeks without falling down before he gets his flourless chocolate cake.

None of the signs online are inspiring me. If anyone wants to submit a design, that would be great. I like the one that says  " ____ DAYS SINCE LAST INCIDENT."

The BigHelpfulBrother and I have a line from The Addams Family that we  toss out from time to time. I did a search and can't find it -- I'm sure BHB will be able to correct this scrambled memory:

Seems like there was a response to a question and someone replied: Well, there was the incident with the Jello, but I'm feeling much better now.



4 comments:

  1. Right actor, wrong show: the line is by John Astin playing Harry's crazy uncle on Night Court. -- BHB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as I recall, you have corrected me several times -- and it never sticks.
      insert the shrugging granny emoji

      Delete
  2. Some notes re: magazine/catalog page env.'s -- 1) the paper is slick, so perm. marker works best (or india ink). Otherwise it will smear and wipe off. 2) The paper is flimsy and tears easily, so be sure to insert something to help sturdy it (heavy weight card stock). 3) Ensure there is enough white space for addressing. I've created some pages with beautiful designs, but no room for adding the address BUT an address label would work great too! (if you don't mind covering up the design.) :)

    ReplyDelete