Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Janet to Jason (most saved stamp = Elvis)


Here is another one from Janet from her pandemic series. 
Very clever. 
It looks like there might be some collage elements. 

Seeing that stamp reminded me that I have heard it is the *most popular* stamp ever. 
So, I Googled it.
I know that the USPS does not print the same number of stamps on each design. 
So, the quantity sold would not actually mean anything.
And apparently, they think this is the most *saved* stamp. 
How do they know that people bought them to save them?

Maybe the answer to that question is out there. 
If anyone wants to do the research and let us know -- we are all ears.

Or if you have only a casual interest,
here is a link to the stamps that appear to be most popular for saving:


****
Once in a while, I find comments from way back - waiting to be moderated. On Jan 27, I posted a cute *Bernie* envelope and link to the IG account of the artist and wondered why her IG name was Georgemailsart - but her name was Kristen. She left a comment explaining that it was a nickname. Thank you, Kristen.

A friend of mine posted this on FB. He lives here in the Des Moines area where we're having a much deeper winter than usual. There must be other people who have done this, but it's the first one I've seen:


And because I frequent ski related images and topic, things like this pop up:


Seems like it could be a whole series - like the *Got milk?* campaign from a while ago. Which reminds me of the Super Bowl ads. I usually check them out the day after and this year, I enjoyed quite a few. Since I was a bad mother who let her kids watch too many movies - although they watched in the same room where I was engrossed at my desk - I am very fond of Edward Scissorshands. Hunter, the youngest watched it every day for a while. I had some others I loved, too. 


Kristen's envelope again:






 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, your friend's pic -- hilarious!!! THanks so much for sharing!!! Where'd he get the mittens?? Perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete