Thursday, December 31, 2020

Loose ends (Maggie's Wreath)


Thank you, Maggie, for sending me this pretty wreath.
Somehow my last post of the year had an odd photos and not much else.
I might add an envelope --- haven't decided.


I plugged something in for this date on Sept 14th -thinking I could add odds and ends 
-- and then never added anything related to envelopes.

****

Sept 14 -- This post is going to be filled with all the leftovers and question marks I run into as I clear off my virtual desk for 2020 - and see if 2021 can be slightly more organized. 

*****

Dec 8 -- My new goal is to stop putting one-hour meals in the oven and then leaving the house and finding what's left of the food after 2 hours. Mr. Wilson is a good sport and says it tastes fine. He's probably overlooking a number of other things - like my frequent forgetting to comb my hair. 

Plan B - since there are no exchange-related-leftovers

Fill this space with an off topic and wish everyone a happy new year.

I'm originally from Montana and mostly grew up in Minnesota, two places that the rest of the country considers *the coldest states.* I do not know why nobody includes North Dakota when declaring which states are coldest. It is just as cold. Maybe it is because North Dakota has no personality. Or so I thought.

Good old Atlas Obscura had a picture of a cool replica of a Scandinavian church located in ND and when I clicked on it, I discovered 4 more things that I would visit if I ever decide to drive around to obscure places.

1) A rock museum. In my next life I am going to be a rock. 2) The world's tallest turtle. 3) The geographical center of North America. 4) Oldest surviving mosque in the US. 

Link to sites in ND

You can also search obscure and interesting places near wherever you live.

Scandinavians make everything look like fancy pastries. 


2020 is officially over (she wrote on Dec 4th)


No comments:

Post a Comment