Wednesday, December 2, 2020

From Janet to Jean - Dec 2019 (Melissa Dinwiddie)

Real time comment: Shout out to Catherine in Paris - after more than a year, I finally sent you some mail yesterday. Same to the McElroys. And MJMoore. I'm not sure if any of you check the blog daily - but, I hope the mail reaches you. I had a concerning email from someone who lives 2 hrs from DSM. She got all her holiday mail done early and some of it has made it across the country. Other mail is taking forever to travel a couple hours. So -- let's all hope the USPS can handle the mail this month. Dang -- I had something else to talk about, but, can't remember.


 Now that I see this envelope, I think the reindeer that are drinking champagne that I posted with Hunter's envelope were in this envelope. I have images of another very cool card that might have been in Hunter's envelope. I'll just post it here. The vintage card is on translucent paper and you have to hold it up to the light to see the whole image. I've seen other cards like that. Maybe s.o.m.e.d.a.y I will do my own version.



****

The rant today is at myself because I can't find where I posted a link with some fun casual styles and then told everyone to be sure to ignore the Neuland on the IG - and listed all the reasons. Maybe I will find it.

In the meantime - this name popped up. I had completely forgotten about Melissa Dinwiddie. Her Neuland is superb. After surfing on her site a little, I think her IG is a better way to look at her work. Don't stop when you see the pencil sketch figures - that series is a little ho-hum. There are some nice examples and a few tutorials on some very simple drawings that would look great on envelopes.

Link to Melissa's IG



Link to Melissa's website

No comments:

Post a Comment