Thursday, December 10, 2020

From Maggie to Hunter and Jean (macarons)



Maggie had a music themed stamp, too.

****
Good thing I am on a mission. This one was nearly wordless.
So, I'll put in a blurb about macarons.
I used 4 egg yolks for the turkey tetrazzini that I made with the leftover turkey. I've always wanted to try macarons. They are a lot of work but actually turned out nicely. That little ridge around the bottom is too big because I didn't read carefully and used a silpat instead of parchment paper.




P.S. on Dec 2
Someone just emailed to sign up for the exchange.
They added:

I very much enjoy your rants.

I feel like Ruth Gordon when she won her Oscar at age 72, after 50 years in the business.
During her acceptance speech she said,
"I can't tell you how encouraging a thing like this is ..." 

It only takes one comment to encourage me to continue with the rants.

Tomorrow there will be a rant about the way people insert plastic bags into waste baskets and garbage cans. How many people already know where the rant is going?

******
P.S. on Dec 9

Here is something I saw on FB - no mention of where this postal worker lives, 
but, I imagine it is the same everywhere. 

I've been at USPS for about 25 years now. I've never seen anything like this year. I usually have 50 to 120 packages a day. I start at 7 and finish between 3:30 and 5 depending on amount of mail and boxholders. So, I still start at 7 but getting done between 5:30 and 7. I fill my truck with packages. I had 249 today. OTHER EMPLOYEES delivered about 50 more. I have almost 600 mailboxes that I deliver to. So half the people got a package. This is unprecedented. We are doing our best. Carriers are working their day off. Some carriers working Sunday too. We're tired. Try to be understanding and kind. Leave your porch light on if you're expecting a package and it's dark. Keep the dog in the house until we're gone. Open the garage door. Don't block mailboxes with trashcans or vehicles. Help us help you! Its dangerous delivering in the dark. Hopefully we'll all get through this safety.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment