Saturday, December 26, 2020

From Lauren in Aug (Cyberscribes + Holiday cards)


 What's the best thing to do for a holiday hangover? Ice cream? Yup. That'll work.



****
OK. Onward. 
I spent most of Dec 25th surfing. 
There is a ton of interesting stuff out there.

Jan 1st is coming up. 
We have one new person already signed up.
Her address is 
FPO, AP 96349
So, that must be military - which we have never had before.
Google tells me is Navy - and in Japan.
It's always fun to welcome new people to the exchange.

I wonder if she knows that she is in the absolute Mecca of pens and markers.
Most of the good stuff comes from Japan.

****
Something for those who are interested in calligraphy:

CyberScribes has been around for decades. It started as a ListServe - which was an early form of gathering on the internet. It was hosted by YahooGroups and then about a year ago, Yahoo dropped that service and the moderators figured out how to roll the whole *club* over to a new place. There were photo albums that rolled over.

The group still does some chit-chatting -- and this year, they opened a new photo album for people to post images of their holiday cards. The link is not open to the public. You would have to join the group to see the album and other albums. It's a very nice group and easy to join. You do have to wait for the moderator to OK you.

I did a search for my name and found all the posts I had posted going back to 2004. I know I joined earlier than that - but maybe that's as far back as the archive goes. It was like finding a stack of old letters talking about all kinds of things I had completely forgotten about.


This 2020 holiday card is from Julie Wildman. I'm not sure I have ever mentioned her - but she is well known in scribe circles.









No comments:

Post a Comment