Monday, December 28, 2020

From Trish in Aug - alcohol inks (herding rant + bicycle article)


 Oooops. Trish's envelope got the ornery grease pencil correction on the zip code. The bubbly background and silver dots are a nice backdrop for the celebration polka dots. She enclosed a note explaining that she had used alcohol inks on both the absorbent envelope and the super, slick, glossy card stock. Clearly, those alcohol inks are happy to hit the slick paper. The photograph does not do it justice. Super fun.

And I am flattered to be called amazingly amazing and it will amaze no-one that I intend to steal that line.


***
I've lost count on how many people have mentioned that they enjoy my rants.
Enough that ranting is still on my to-do list.
This was going to be a follow-up rant to the Dec 24th mention of my pet peeve about guests who linger over drinks and chit chatting instead of herding themselves towards the food when the hostess announces that it is time to shift to the food portion of the gathering. It's a little warning in case any readers are driving cross country and their car breaks down and they get stuck in Duh Moines on a holiday and have the good sense to contact me. I would be delighted to help out - but when in Jean-world, you might want a heads up on Jean-rules.

Originally, there was a long rant here about herding guests to the buffet line or to the table and wondering why people are not more respectful of the hostess. I deleted all of it because I'm the only one who is bothered when people do not stampede towards the food. 
It's all on my head. Everyone else is normal.
Beer, wine and cocktails do not agree with me, so I have nothing to do during cocktail hour except get hungry. So, if you get stranded on I-80, just email me - and I'll send Mr Wilson to pick you up and he'll take care of your beverage needs. 
I won't let it bother me if you are not in the stampede to the food.

****

Here is a very long article - but I was utterly fascinated on several levels.
It includes a lot of travel adventure and being welcomed in for a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment