Tuesday, December 22, 2020

From Marijke in Aug (JeanR + Irving Harper)


 Sorry about the link yesterday - it didn't go to the right place.
And to make things more confusing -- Blogger still won't let me leave a comment. 
I'll have to figure out a work around.

****

Marijke sent this fun envelope in the August exchange and there was a lovely card inside. The string and muslin and mesh all go very nicely with the brown craft/kraft paper. It's 2:28 and I keep looking at the clock, thinking it might be bedtime.



Organizing my virtual desktop and virtual folders is exhausting.

I think I already posted the one from JeanR - and forgot to file it.

Also, I ran across a designer I'd never heard of - which surprised me - because I was certainly familiar with his work. Irving Harper. He designed for Herman Miller and designed the marshmallow sofa and that coat rack with the big colorful spheres that was featured on a USPS stamp. He lived to be 99 -- and spent his last years making stuff out of cardboard and paper that is swoon-worthy - if you like that sort of thing. If you Google his name, there are other links

Link to Irving Harper

I'm kicking myself that I did not sign up to send cardboard and tools to the little girl who wrote to Operation Santa. What was wrong with me? I wonder if her letter is still there. (just checked - nope - they seem to have taken down all the letters)

Des Moines USPS update -- my little postal worker says that they are down to 15 trucks waiting quietly for space to unload. Although, he says it's pretty hard to predict how long it will take to catch up. Maybe last week was the worst - and by this week -- the truly *last-minute* people are fewer than the ones who were scrambling last week.

Don't think that I am going to back off one tiny bit next year. I am going to start my harangue in early November.

***

No rant today - but I was researching something that took me back to 2015 and I was inserting *Rants* as far back as 2015. So clearly -- ranting is not new.






No comments:

Post a Comment