Wednesday, December 23, 2020

From Leslie and CarolynC in August (Illuminated pants)



 Exuberant. That's the first word that pops into my head. Obviously, I like Leslie's envelope for the use of the alphabet and walnut ink. I'm not sure if she planned on putting the stamp in a portrait orientation, but, it wasn't anything I had thought about doing. So - once again, something really simple packs a fun punch. 

Note the circle around the zip code. Mr. Grease Pencil almost added to the overall design. If he would just work on his ovals -- he could have made it fit in with that other spiral on the left. 

Another detail worth noting is the dot+bar on the j. It's like a floating serif. It makes me want to do a whole series of floating serifs. Or maybe Leslie wants to do one for us.

In this case - the cancel being in the right corner is probably the best place for it. We're lucky they were agreeable to delivering this without adding a surcharge. I'm sure someone had to pause and figure it out. 

*****

Carolyn thought of collaging her dots. I'm pretty sure these are the only two to collage. I thought of using reinforcements - and I might still do that. I also have some white circular stickers that I could color in.


****
Only one day left for Santa to decide what he's going to toss down my chimney.
These would be lovely - although, I rather doubt I would wear them in public. They would be fun around the house.  Maybe a jacket?




 ****
Ranting on Sunday.
Did we need additional stuff layered on the pandemic and the postal system?
Apparently, Mother Earth wants us to feel really bad about the icebergs that are threatening wildlife in the south Atlantic Ocean. I'm actually curious about the people who are paid to track icebergs. 
I bet they are an interesting group.
Had enough bad news?
Too bad.
There's more.
Apparently there is a new COVID-19 strain that spreads faster.
OK.
Thanks for the update.

****

I think Leslie's envelope coordinates nicely with the trousers.

1 comment:

  1. 1. There was a time I would have TOTALLY worn those pants!! (and not too long ago either! :D ) Actually, I DID have a pair that were graffiti-ed. Paid top-dollar for them too (well, top dollar for ME), but sadly, I only wore them a couple of times. (i.e. not work appropriate) So Fun.

    2. Those collage/reinforced dots are fun! Great idea (I love the 3d aspect.) My first thought was hole punch remnants.

    3. LOL on the grease pen comment for my env! As for the stamp, the reason i positioned it that way is b/c I didn't want to cover up the design. I guess I could have angled it a bit (as I've been doing lately), but that looked the best.

    Merry Cmas Eve, eve!

    ReplyDelete