Friday, December 11, 2020

Fr Patty to H & J - Dec 2019 (plastic bag rant)


 Nice stylized trees from Patty and I always love the lettering inspired by Carol DuBosch - her Jubilee lettering. That's a nice wreath cancel next to the wreath stamp.


I apologize up front for the silliness of the rant. It is hard to choose between writing more about the envelopes or coming up with a rant. There's a steady stream of rantworthy stuff going on in the world. But it's much easier to choose the silly stuff around the house that gets me twitterpated. I don't hear that word often and the Google definition doesn't match what I'm describing, but, I'm going to leave it in.

 Here comes the rant:

How hard is it to whoosh some air into a plastic bag so that when you insert it into the waste basket or garbage can you have not just trapped air in the outer receptacle - leaving the bag stretched across the top - leaving basically ZERO open space for the detritus that will be inserted into the liner within the receptacle. I'm too lazy to go take a picture. I hope you can picture what I have described. Grrr. 

Yes. I know that as you start filling the lined receptacle the trapped air is forced out. But often times the first few things that are being discarded are light and fluffy. Like used tissues. Those items do not weigh down the plastic liner at all.

Such a silly thing. And then on top of it - anything plastic is starting to be troublesome.

<sigh>

It's best that we just get on with our day and see how many more wordless posts there are. I apologize for the repetitive nature of these comments. 

<sigh>

I do plan on posting the photos of holiday trees that people emailed. There aren't many -- but they are really good. If you meant to send one, but forgot - go ahead and send it today or tomorrow. Or feel free to send images of other holiday items that you put on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment