Sunday, March 12, 2023

To SMASH - Why and how to surf

 


Once again - the inspiration image is AWOL - so we can't compare. This envelope is one that I deconstructed and turned inside out. I had made about 3 mistakes on a set of envelopes that I addressed for someone in December. I loved the envelopes - they were from Tiny Prints - and disappeared into a stack of stuff - eventually - whilst clearing out the stash - I thought of trying the neon gel pens. It was a very nice tactile activity. The weakest part is the name in the circle. The second weakest are those 2 shark fins under the address. They should have been leafier. And - the rectangle stamp in the oval is clunky. But the rest of it was fun to do. 

***

Why do I surf? Because I am too lazy to just get up and get going as early as I wake up. I wake up at 5 am. If I got busy - I would need lunch around 9 and then supper around 2 or 3 - and then I still have 6 hours until 9 which is the soonest I go to bed - so I guess I need to spend some of that pre-bedtime leisure in the morning.

Also - I need to fill my blog - and no matter how hard I try to focus on art and fonts and design - my mind wanders because it's actually hard to put together thoughtful comments about art and design. 

So - I surf. I think I will split this into two topics - tomorrow I will give an example about how I started in one place and ended up finding one of those stories that just makes the surfing sooooo worthwhile.

I love a good cliffhanger. Or maybe it's a teaser. Either way - it's very good story. About an artist.

***

Teaser No. 2

The first PicklePie inspired envelope arrived yesterday and I love it so much I was tempted to bump a post so that I could run it right away - but - my new improved brain is more disciplined - so you will just have to wait until mid-April.


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Especially the way you turned her name into a flower.

    ReplyDelete