Thursday, March 30, 2023

For Jennifer from Janet + a puzzle



There's a story that went with this one --- it is from Janet -- and since she sent the one I posted yesterday - I figured this one was for me. I could not figure out what that name was - so I opened it. Inside was a complicated (for me - most people would probably find it easy to follow) set of instructions for substituting letters - a code. Or maybe it is a *key.* Whatever you call it -- the first name/word is Jennifer. I felt very inept at not realizing it immediately with the double-a - that is obviously the double-n in Jennifer. 

And now I can't remember what the second word is - and I have already sent it along to Jennifer -- But it was so clever and I am so annoyed with myself that I did not take pictures of the enclosures --- grrrr. I guess I was just quick to put it all back together - since it was Jennifer's mail.

Thank you USPS for putting the cancel in the lower left. I love the stamp - and did not get any of those for myself - grrrrr.

***
OK - I figured it out -- it says Jennifer Wilson -- clearly my aptitude at puzzles is impaired....

1 comment:

  1. I think I figured it out too. Write out the alphabet, then under that write it out again putting the A under the W, th B under the X and so on. You can make it your own by moving it down however many places you choose.

    ReplyDelete