Tuesday, March 21, 2023

From Kate to Jennifer - Quilted hearts

 


This is lovely combination of vintage stamps. I do not recall those 52-cent stamps. They must have been part of a set of two that coordinated for 1-oz and 2-oz mail - for wedding invitations and RSVP envelopes. And the USPS gets two thumbs up for centering that cancel over the top. How does this happen? When are we going to get to the bottom of these cancelling options?

***

Here is something for the people who have fabric scraps and a bunch of time to kill. Someone started this whole *thing* where people leave small quilted hearts in random public places - with a tag sending them to the website. At the website - you can do a search for US states and countries where people have found a heart and then posted a photo of it to the website. It's fun to see where people are finding them. Only one in Des Moines. Lots in Iowa City, which does not surprise me. 

I have no idea if I will ever do this -- but the concept might appeal to to people who have fabric scraps -- and time.

https://www.ifoundaquiltedheart.com/

Here is the one from Des Moines - and here is what the person who posted it wrote:

DES MOINES, IA USA

I was having a difficult week and I was out on my walk cold lonely and I happened to notice something pink and sparkly up ahead, I looked closer and it was a quilted heart. It’s absolutely beautiful, it really brightens my day. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful project with the community. Thank you to whoever made this. I sincerely appreciate it!


Here is another one that caught my eye because it looks like postage stamps.

PORTLAND, ME USA

I found my quilted heart after a very long, challenging week at work. I started to water an office plant and there it was attached to the plant. It was an affirmation that I am on the right journey and not to give up, as I had earlier considered. I try to brighten people’s days , and if lonely, make a connection that makes them smile and know that someone cares. Thank you to the person who left this. It brightened my day!





No comments:

Post a Comment