Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Jennifer 2 - Let's feel old.

 


This lovely envelope for Jennifer came from Ming. Her copperplate is so nice - and the flowers are beautiful. Since the envelopes to Jennifer have been delivered to her - I can't go back and look closely to see if the flowers are hand drawn or maybe imprinted. I can see that each one is different - so maybe Ming has 4 different flower stamps? There are different words for printing with plates or rubber stamping with stamps. Plates and stamps have multiple meanings --- ignore me - I am just babbling.

***

We knew this was coming - clothes from the 70's and 80's are the current hot trend for people who want to wear vintage clothes. Those of us who are in our 70s remember how much fun it was to go to 50's themed parties. Now it's all about the 70s and 80s. My daughter was telling me about going to an 80s prom themed party. 

Of course Chicago has some very cool vintage stores - and we have been to a couple. She found a new one that I might have to visit next time I am there - not to shop - just to look around. I am stunned by the prices on some of these items. It surprises me that people are enjoying this by-gone era again. It seems too recent.

The link will take you to page 4 - there are lots more pages - but this one had a good range of cute-to-ghastly. The items range from 1930s to 1980s.

LINK to Lost Girls Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment