Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Feb from Lauren - What are we?

 


Surprise! Something lovely to cleanse the pallet before you are subjected to the last of that stuff that we are all tired of. This is the January envelope from Lauren - when I put John Hancock's name on the list. And she included a nice Happy New Year card. 

The Chinese New Year stamps are such a good series -- Note to self - see if they are still available.

***

While writing this on Feb 2, I just OKed the comment that Sharon left on the post that had her lovely holiday card as well as her very nice comments about her work and why she enjoys the exchange. In responding to her, I said something about how I hoped I could get some comments from other people in our *gang.* 

I never know what to call us: Pen pals? A gang? A posse? I thought of cult - to be slightly silly - but we probably don't want to make light of cults.    

And then I remembered that we do not need to think anymore - we have Google:

group, association, circle, clique, club, coterie, society, community, organization, party, enclave, team, gang, guild, union, bevy, bunch, clan, crop, fraternity, posse, brotherhood, tribe, set, crowd, ring, band, network, faction, lot, coven, pack, fold, crew, cabal, klatch, league, company, mob, sect, order, sorority, alliance, class, corps, cadre, cell, caucus, family, squad, syndicate, junta, section, category, federation, school, assembly, cartel, cronies, intimates, franchise, house

Somehow - cult did not make the list. There were several words I left off the list. I think tribe might be my favorite. It seems like someone is already using the expression - scribe-tribe. But we are not all scribes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment