Friday, March 17, 2023

Mary, Mary, Richard Scarry - cake cutting

 


I'm guessing Mary's envelope is Richard Scarry inspired. I'd forgotten about his books which were favorites of mine when my kids were little. He created Busytown - and featured lots of details in his drawings. <pause> I had to check the spelling of his name and ended up reading all about him at Wiki. Do our Ridgefield, CT pen pals know that at one time he lived on a farm near Ridgefield? Then he moved to Europe and passed away in Switzerland.

The people of note who have lived in my neighborhood are: Bill Bryson, Cloris Leachman, Tiny Tim and Corey Taylor, the drummer for Slipknot. And I am only including homes that are within walking distance of my house. Although, as Steven Wright reminds us - EVERY place is within walking distance if you have the time. 

I wonder what the farthest I have ever walked is. Is there a difference between farthest and furthest?

Enough rambling - the add-on tidbit is brief - but if you want to up your cake cutting game:

How to cut a cake

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn9naxarjbn/

1 comment:

  1. Yes, very Scarry inspired. My little brother is the youngest of 5 and the only boy. Us sisters spoiled him rotten. There are 14 years between us, and I used to read him from Richard Scarry Treasurey and Busy Town. I still get them for him for Christmas. I liked how this one turned out.

    ReplyDelete