Monday, March 6, 2023

Feb to Kate - fingerpainting

 


I lost the inspiration image for this one. I used watercolor pencils and did the outline ahead of time. There was a time when ribbon writing was a go-to style. Lately, I feel like I have completely lost the knack. Those stamps are too heavy - but - I'm back to using them all up. I have a bunch of 30-cent stamps that were going to be so nice when the rate was 60-cents - and now they are back in the *problem-zone.*

Grrr

***

As mentioned yesterday, we will have something for the non-calligraphers. I'm clearly riding a wave of jabberosity while the coffee is surging though my system. The first thing I thought of was graffiti - after I wrote that I would have something for the non-calligraphers. But, I actually think that graffiti is much harder than it looks. So, I tried to think of something that had to be easy - fingerpainting.

Go ahead and Google fingerpainting. There is a wide range of -what-? Stuff? I don't know what to call it. It was all pretty loud and garish. The challenge was to see if I could find something that was blog worthy. I'm happy with what I found. My next thought was -- does anyone do black/white/gray fingerpainting?

I'll go back and look. If I don't find any - I'll toss this out as a challenge. Technically - this is not fingerpainting. It is finger-printing. I'm not sure I can force myself to keep looking for something blogworthy that is actually smooshed paint.



OK - I found something that I am 99% sure I have already posted. Really nice fingerpainting and also - it is black and white




Well, phooey - she works in charcoal dust - it's not paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment