Thursday, March 9, 2023

Feb to Mary and Lynne - International conference & IAMPETH

 


The final idea I had was to mix some showy, script with the PicklePie - and I was very happy with that option. Mary's is my favorite. Lynne's is nice, too - but it doesn't have the same punch as that g in Strong. And Mary's is much looser, too. Somehow, I always prefer when I loosen up - which means some people are going to get stuck with the *stiff* versions that I do in the beginning. In a perfect world - I could just do about three warm ups for each person. But, sadly, the world is not perfect and that is why we putter at our desks and drop these random bits of ephemera in the mail box.



***

This just in (from a Feb 2 posting on CyberScribes) - prior to covid - there were 2 options to study with rock star calligraphers (in person) in the summer: the international conference, usually held on a college campus and IAMPETH, usually held in a hotel. Both bounced around the country. During covid - the international conference had a couple Zoom-type conferences and IAMPETH had a couple in person - during which some people got covid. Prior to covid, I'd only gone to the ones that were in the Midwest. In 2024, IAMPETH is going to be in Chicago - and this just in -- the international conference is going to be in Davenport, Iowa. Imagine that.....

Both are nice (for me) to visit on a drop in basis - rather than attending for the full week - because there are usually some very nice exhibits. I'll update things as we get closer to 2024 - but it might be a good time for some of us to meet up in person. 

The 2024 Calligraphy Conference is ON and IN-PERSON! SAVE THESE DATES!!!

Pack your bags and calligraphy tools...it's time to go on a ROMAN HOLIDAY! The first in-person calligraphy conference in FIVE years! Join us June 22-29, 2024 at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa to celebrate the gift of Fr. Edward Catich's lettering legacy. Follow the Calligraphy Conference Facebook page for the most current details! 

1 comment:

  1. I love mine the best and was thrilled to get it in the mail. I was surprised it was from you, and my first thought was that it was from Patty D. It is joyful! The combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete