Saturday, November 27, 2021

Troy's Oct Envelope (jabbering/balance/video)


 There is a whole list of stuff I can access online through my library. The NYTimes had been the only thing I bothered looking at -- until I needed to see something at the Wall Street Journal. Because I am a glorified housewife in Duh Moines, I had the impression that the WSJ was just financial news and would be of little interest to me. What a treat to find out that WSJ people have all kinds of other interests. Who knew.

Anyhow -- I've spent way too much time catching up on the WSJ and clicked on an article about Toxic Positivity. That's right. According to the article inept people who try to Pollyanna their way through everything are often times rubbing other people the wrong way. (shout out to all the Hallmark Maxine-lovers)

It's easy for me to not choose either side in this debate. I think I flip flop between being wildly empathetic and justifiably outraged. A bonus to reading articles in the NYT or the WSJ is the comment section. I try to anticipate both ends of any perspective that has been presented. And then I see how well I have done at seeing both sides by reading. It's always fun if there is a third view that I had not considered. Once in a great while - there is something with no opposing points of view. Usually it is the obit of a beloved person like Mr Rogers. Typically, there is a complete spectrum. 

Here is the reason I am even mentioning this article. Someone in the comment section referenced a viral video from several years ago. I had not seen it and I literally laughed out loud. And then I snickered a few more times after it was over. Remember -- my sense of humor may be too wacky for you. If you generally do not like my sense of humor, just look at the pretty envelope. Or - you may look at the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

No comments:

Post a Comment