Tuesday, November 9, 2021

2 from Leslie -


This style of writing is a new-to-me variation with the ruling pen AKA a folded pen.
Below, Leslie did a series of snail shaped names for snail mail.



 Leslie includes fun notes in most of her mail - as do several other people and big shout out to GINA - who wrote an amazing letter in copperplate. I always think that I would love to write longer notes - and respond to people but somehow, I get very scattered when I try to write these days. I'm not sure why. I do like to practice my penmanship. But, somehow, gathering my thoughts doesn't seem to happen. So - if you write to me - I want you to know that I truly enjoy hearing from you. 

If you send empty envelopes, I totally appreciate the envelopes and it's just fine that they are empty. I tend to be an empty envelope person myself. Sometimes I send my practice paper inside the envelope and I've been thinking that maybe I should do some more of that. As Leslie and I have noted -- sometimes the lettering on the practice sheet turns out better than the final one done on the envelope.

Pondering. 
Watching the clock
3 pm - too early for my last meal of the day.

****
It's strange to read my entries from before the Oct trip. As I already mentioned, the Oct exchange mail is fabulous - and there were some wonderful notes enclosed. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment