Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Legos (my Dec to Patty - needs fixing)



I get very distracted by grandkid topics swhenever I am in Chicago and the kids are in school. Roughly 6 hours every day to either be productive or not. When my kids were Lego-aged, we amassed quite a collection and little by little, I became very annoyed with the  Lego company because they seemed to be steering kids towards very specialized building and taking away the creativity. The specialization has just gotten worse and worse. As my grandkids started collecting them, their accountant parents started keeping each set together. I cautiously suggested that there was no play value unless you could mix all the pieces from all the sets. I never imagined that they would ever change course. 

Imagine my surprise when my daughter threw open the door to the Lego closet and said, "Nanna is going to be soooo happy." Yes, Nanna is thrilled. And the frosting on the cake, mom reports that Ben spends a lot more time playing with Legos - now that he can mix them to his heart's content.

Now I have to decide what I am going to do with the huge stash of legos at my house. There are tons of good ideas on Pinterest. 

I Googled *Lego envelope* and this is all I found.





*****
Here is an actual envelope because I try to stay on topic.
There's something wrong with it.
I will rerun this one after I take a photo of the improvement.

Alternating colors is one of my favorite, super easy, ideas for envelopes.




 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Jean on the lego philosophy. The kits ruined all of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this post, Jean. I never had Legos, but as an adult I got to play with them with nieces, nephews and any kids I babysat. Yay! Love the guy with the envelope! C

    ReplyDelete