Tuesday, November 2, 2021

1-inch duds and ho-hums (Gerda Saunders)



I messed up on a cute little black envelope, by misspelling Dwyer - so I put that envelope inside this one and it's a dud - but I ran out of time in October. Then, I thought I was liking my ideas that went with this stamp, but I totally blew it when I chose the neon gel pens. Grrrrr. OK idea, but the wrong pens turned it into a ho-hum. 


This add-on was linked to a different envelope - and was written way back in August, but I kept bumping it because I had not blocked out the address. It had another try at drawing a *cute* brain. By now (Oct 10, I am ready to be through talking about my traumatic brain injury. There are enough normal things going on. I'm still traumatized but the fact that you can be making your morning coffee and by bedtime, you are in the intensive care unit. I'm not sure how one gets over that. But, I am through talking about it.

However - - - 

If you have any interest in reading or listening to person talk about how she's handling her path on/through
dementia - this is a doozy: It jumped out at me as I was looking for audio books to put me to sleep - or to listen to while walking. 

Memory's Last Breath by Gerda Saunders. The book flips back and forth between her lifetime of memories and what she was going through as she wrote the book in 2017. She is still blogging and of course, it is all very interesting to me. But, I'm warning you -- if you are at all reticent to ponder dementia and end of life situations, do not go look at her blog. Plus -- one of her recent posts is about an artist who seems to think that really old, unclothed women are a good subject for paintings -- which I would never direct you to. So, I truly hesitate to even mention the blog - but, there is some other stuff that I did find very interesting.

Repeat: I've warned you that you might not like this stuff.

I'm not even sure I would recommend the book - because it could be very upsetting or depressing. Unless you are curious about a wide range of topics.

The [About Gerda] page at her website

The main page of her website

I'm curious. If I go overboard warning you about the stuff you might see or read, does that make it even more compelling to go surfing. OK, I'm curious --but, I don't think I really want to know. Part of the fun of the blog is you don't know what's coming up -- and most of the time I don't know what the response is.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment