Friday, November 12, 2021

Mia and Nanski (penmanship contest)


This was my first envelope from Mia. I liked her very simple folded paper instead of an envelope. I also like the way she worked a simple flourish into a linking together of the names. And then colored in the loops. I am tempted to try this. 

I already mentioned the idea of sending my practice pages inside the envelopes. I could go through the blog and try all the ideas I like on all the different names and see which ones work. The more I look at this one, the more I think it only works because it starts with a j and then the ean is compact. But, I won't know until I try.






 Nanski's flowers are another option for the Nov-Dec combined mailing. I know I have several of the small holiday cards to use up and it would be easy to go in a red-green theme with a floral corner.

Oh -- I just noticed that there is no zip.

***
Penmanship contest:


This looks like fun and the deadline is Jan 16, 2022
which seems like a very long way off.

***
I was wondering if it would be possible to turn the fairly traditional T-day foods into a *one dish meal.* So, I Googled and found a couple suggestions. The NYT had a whole meal, prepared in just two pots - one on top the stove and the other in the oven. It looked very complicated.

Another site had one that looks like it would actually be good. Sheet pan version. Easier to control so that you did not overcook the vegetables. Kitchn has a layered option in a LeCruset Dutch oven. That one looks like a recipe for mushy, overcooked vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment