Friday, November 5, 2021

From KateR and Nanski (Oct trip report)


Once again, I have lost track of which envelopes have already been posted. So, I will put three in each blog post and empty the entire folder and then start over. This one is from KateR - the lettering is an excellent riff on the stamps. I like the way the L lines up with the N - and that comment seems like something I might have said previously. 

Below is a fun one by Nanski. I've enjoyed playing around with this stamp and never thought to add the grid design to the white space. That flourished the N is genius. I predict I will be appropriating ideas off this envelope.


***
Nov 2 - I have returned from the 2 weeks in Chicago. Oh.My.Gosh. The October exchange envelopes are fantastic. October is such a fun month for envelope embellishment. 

Nanna was vigilant and did not get bamboozled. It seems like there was one attempt, but the little co-pilot in my brain has the memory stuffed in some random corner.

***
A while back, I watched a lengthy video on how to prepare and eat ginkgo nuts. Ginkgo leaves are currently turning and it's a popular tree. I lost the link to the video, but as luck would have it, Atlas Obscura provided a wonderful article. I'm tempted to try the ginkgo nuts, even though they can make you very sick if you eat too many.

Here is something new to me that I am happy to add to my file of trivia:

Gingko trees are so strong, in fact, that when the U.S. devastated the Japanese city of Hiroshima with a nuclear bomb on August 6, 1945, six ginkgo trees near the heart of the blast survived. They lost their leaves, but several are still alive and growing today.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment