Saturday, November 6, 2021

Pointed pen-sters Smash and Tammy (Nov-Dec plans)


Smash above and Tammy below - both lovely. 
I have officially run out of things to say about gorgeous pointed pen work. Probably because I used to enjoy it so much, but it has been ages since I have had the time to sit down and de-rust myself. That's not a good word - but I can't think of a better one - so it will have to do. Hopefully, I will find something to add to this and all the other pointed pen envelopes that I have to post. 

***
Some of the upcoming posts are rather short. I can lengthen them by talking about how short they are, but that sounds absurd. Maybe I can talk about coping with Nov and Dec. These are not my two favorite months because there are events and logistics and attempts to gather people who may or may not be capable of deciding what they are going to do and even if they say they are going to do something, they might change their plans at the last minute. Or the weather can change plans  -- which is my number one reason for not making plans.

My two weeks in Chicago gave me ample opportunity to reflect on Nov and Dec and since none of *them* read my blog, I will go ahead and announce my new plan for my new approach to making plans with people who are oblivious to the concept. I'm not going to get involved. I'll smile and shrug and I might say something neutral like, "Weather permitting." 

I suspect my readers are mostly women who have been the coordinators of past Nov-Dec events. If you have found those two months stressful, join me in taking a break and letting the others make plans and see what happens.
 

1 comment:

  1. I’m with you on the Nov-Dec strategy. I’ve spent too many years making Christmas happen. This year I’m buying fewer gifts and paying other people to do the food prep for family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete