Friday, November 26, 2021

Finnbadger - Oct (Baking tip)


Sorry about the post being late yesterday.
Thanks to the BigHelpfulBrother alerting me - by about 7 am CST.


Finnbadger signed up for the October exchange. He's a whiz at making envelopes. I love the relationship of the stamp and the image. I was impressed that the PO was able to figure out the address which is on a clear sticker. It did not arrive until early November - and there is no cancel - so, it might have spent some time with the *figure-this-out* team.


Vertical shot above - detail with address below.

If you are new to the blog, do a search for Finnbadger and you will see all kinds of lovely hand made envelopes. For a while, I lured Finn into some lettering -- which was fun. I am equally fond of the handmade envelopes. It takes work to find pretty images and figure out the stamps and colors.



And now for a baking tip:



Here's a baking tip I hope nobody ever needs. If you forget to stir the lemon zest into the pie filling and if you have already put the pie in the oven to bake the meringue, and if it has been there for less than a minute, you can quickly remove the pie, scrape off the meringue, stir the zest into the pie filling, replace the meringue and pop it right back in the oven. This will not be a reasonable solution if you are entering your pie in the state fair baking contest. But, it is just fine for people who actually appreciate a homemade lemon meringue pie.

I should have taken a picture of the finished pie - it looked fine. Tasted even better.

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the envelopes; absolutely beautiful in their intricacy, too! Thanks for the pie tip -- I love, love, love lemon meringue pie. Made my mouth water knowing it all worked out. Just wish this were taste-a-blog (tee hee).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jean. I realized after placing the address labels that they weren't the clearest, however I decided to say a little prayer to the postal gods and send them anyway. Glad to see this one made it in the end. I think they were sent the last week in October, so maybe didn't take all that much extra time :)

    ReplyDelete