Friday, November 19, 2021

To Leslie from Janet - (stylish paint by number)


Words from Leslie:
Frog env. -- Janet said she didn't like this, but gave it to me anyway (in another env., which is why it's folded). I can't remember why she didn't like it, but I think it's SUPER FUN! The lettering is fun and perfect with it too. And I love how she did the lone frog on the flap.


 I agree with Leslie -- super fun - and I bet she had some of those frog stamps.

***
I have previously mentioned the high-end paint by number kits that are available. My granddaughter has some *sticker by number* books that are fun - and less messy than paint - which reminded me of these.

There are several companies - this link takes you to a list of them (I think) And there is another link below. I did this part of the post a while ago. And have something else to add on below it.





The *sticker by number* books are actually called Paint by Sticker. 

**** 

This is for the readers who like science-y stuff. As previously mentioned, science and art are pretty much the same thing - except science starts on the more tangible end of things - but they always run into intangibility. The arts often start with the intangible and then seeks to express the intangible in a more tangible way. 

So, here's a series of three videos for people who have Amazon Prime (even though I refuse to order off Amazon) MrW is happy to support that particular evil empire, so I watch the videos. 

If you ever wondered how electricity works or how in the world people figured everything out - these videos are very watchable for those of us who are non-scientists. Just finding out that you can taste electricity was interesting to me. Not that I want to taste it -- but *who knew?* And that's not the only odd thing they tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment