Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Lynne - thank you to my caregiver


Lynne's card was the first one that arrived for Mr Wilson. I could tell that he was very happy to see that he'd be getting a bunch of mail. Mr Wilson asked if we were going to have a contest. Forty-two years with me and he knows nothing about how I run things. No, Mr Wilson, there is no contest. We love all of them in equal measure.

Not to be morbid, but my head-bonk did inspire me to write my obituary. I love it so much that I want to post it, but, I have more sense than that. I do promise to have it lined up and have a reliable person to post it as soon as I do fall off my perch. Now I am working on a video. I figured it would be fun to say goodby in person. If I linger for another decade or two, I can always do another video covering the tail end. 

Todays post is the last of the first batch where new-brain Jean is writing from scratch. Maybe nobody can tell the difference. That would be nice if I were the only one who noticed. That crazy astronaut is still parked inside my skull thinking we are gong to Mars. I'll be really happy if he decides to take off and find a new travel buddy. But, if we have to get along, we will. While I never went down the tunnel towards the light, the mere suggestion that they might have to cut a trapdoor in my skull was enough to alter my perspective in what feels like a very permanent way.

It's time for me to do my 5 July exchange envelopes and 5 for the August exchange. Wish me luck. Filling up August is a really big deal for me. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment