Friday, August 13, 2021

ME to CathyO and RachaelT


Uncial with a scroll tip marker is a style that I can do without thinking. These two are pre-printed envelopes that my daughter left in her room when she took off for college. They are vintage Mary Engelbreit. I still like Mary's designs and would happily use them for inspiration on my own envelopes. I hope that CathyO and RachaelT were not annoyed with me for sending envelopes that were not wildly innovative. It was June - maybe they cut me some slack after listening to me whine about my doldrums. 

I've always liked the expression to *cut me some slack.* 


I am still doing a fair amount of looking up of words and phrases that I use. In this case, I thought it had to do with sailing and I was correct. If anyone is interested, here is what it means:

This idiom is informal and originated around the mid-1900s. It alludes to the slackening of tautness in a rope or sail. ... Rather, it comes from its other definition, the loose part of a sail or rope, which comes from the late-1700s. Therefore to cut someone some slack means to loosen a tight restriction.
 

*****

Attempt at an add-on.

I am happy to report that the exchange does not have any restrictions. Just one requirement which a bit like a restriction. There has to be something other than a generic name and address.

Please excuse the boring post. I need to distract myself for 15 minutes while I wait to take my next round of pain meds. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment